Every side of your car that has auto glass faces several risks daily without giving prior notice. However, from all the sides, the windshield is the one more exposed to damage compared to the side and rear windows. And when this unforeseen damage happens, you either decide to settle with the damage or have it replaced.
The debris on the road is one of the main causes of windshield replacement. The probability of your car or any vehicle you own needs auto glass repair. Here are some of the common damages that are highly likely to happen to your vehicle.
- Stone break – this can also be referred to as chip or ding caused by a flying stone. This is the most common to all types of windshield damage. You can see it on your windshield as a tiny ding or chip. There are others that look like it has been forcefully nailed with a pin without breaking the whole surface. But this type of damage is also the easiest and most affordable since you can have it repaired. However, when you leave the cracks at it is, it will eventually become worse, and you will have to replace it.
- Cracked chip – this is a kind of windshield damage that goes through in a single crack, like about quarter the size of its impact point. Most of the cases with this one can be repaired.
- Combination break – this is seen as multiple breaks of cracks, chips, and dings. If such a situation happens with your auto glass but is only seen on the surface, it can still be repaired. However, when the cracks, dings or chips are too deep, that will be up for replacement.
- Bull’s Eye – this is mostly caused by debris or a rock but on a larger scale. This is a bit larger and circular compared to the ding or chip. When such damage happens to your vehicle’s windshield, it can still be repaired. However, it depends on the size. When it is too large, it naturally needs a replacement.
- Floater crack – this kind of damage is a crack that originates from the center of the windshield. Just like the damages above, it can either be repaired or replaced depending on how long and deep the crack is.
- Edge crack – this is a kind of crack wherein it begins within two inches of the windshield. It can also start at the edge of the windshield, hence the name.
- Stress crack – this is a type of crack wherein the damage doesn’t happen then and there right away. The windshield is expected to grow weak from all the exposure it has gone through, especially when it is exposed to extreme temperatures. Either the windshield gets replaced or repaired depends on the extent of the damage.
It can be troublesome when you don’t treat your windshield right. Make sure you have a contact of the most reputable auto glass company so that you can send your vehicle right away to do some either repairs or replacement.